The Firm is just beginning to focus on international political development in order to affect better citizenship and good governance on every continent and in every country.
Starting in Africa, we have worked with diaspora and opposition leaders to draft charters, declarations and strategic plans in order to help them formally and publicly invoke their sovereignty; and, ultimately, as the sovereigns they are, to:
- Invoke their fundamental rights and freedoms, which are the inherent rights each of us was born with—the natural rights that are, or should be, guaranteed by constitutions;
- Invoke their sacred right, their duty, to throw off governments with histories of rampant corruption and repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute tyranny over the people;
- Provide new guards for their future security; and
- Establish new governments, laying their foundations on such principles and organizing their powers in such forms, as to them shall seem most likely to affect their safety and happiness.
Since this republic’s problems are basically political, and the Congolese People have had no voice. And since the leaders of the international community—especially those who continue to invest billions of dollars in foreign aid to the republic—have been legitimizing the corrupt regimes that enslave the Congolese People, we wanted to help them, as sovereigns:
- Take responsibility for their own destiny;
- Create their own transformative political solution; and
- Show the leaders of Africa and the world how to get a process going that is truly democratizing, that opens things up, gives the People a voice and enables them to achieve a legitimate, transparent and accountable government.