Securing Your Rights and Freedoms
We achieve public policy improvements that result in better governance.
The Mitchell Firm exists to secure rights and freedoms for all the people. Period.
We give good people like you a voice in governments, help you participate of the ultimate authority, and actually exercise your share of influence over governments in order to reform and improve them. And the more people engage in this direction, the safer governments will be.
This work is of vital importance, for as Thomas Jefferson said:
It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all.
America established that sovereignty resides in the people, and this explains why our government was founded on the consent of the governed. The way Ronald Reagan put it:
“We the People” tell the government what to do; it doesn’t tell us. “We the People” are the driver; the government is the car. And we decide where it should go, and by what route, and how fast. Almost all the world’s constitutions are documents in which governments tell the people what their privileges are. Our Constitution is a document in which “We the People” tell the government what it is allowed to do. “We the People” are free.
But governments are failing us. The levels of representation and consent are far, far too low. Things are not being run well by those entrusted with the powers of governments, and history has proven Thomas Jefferson right. He said:
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground.
Sure enough, governments are much too big and powerful. Their powers have been consolidated in the hands of a few—wealthy special interests and their lobbyists; presidents and their unelected and unaccountable advisers, ministers and bureaucrats; those who execute the laws. And these powers are too often used against the people. Tyranny and oppression, inequality and injustice are all on the rise as we head deeper into the 21st Century—even in America.
We’re just as frustrated as you are, and we’re here to help you make it better. We are completely committed and dedicated to helping you get governments in America and all over the world to pass laws and implement policies and practices that are consistent with their only true purpose—to secure our rights—and that respect and apply the following Jeffersonian ideals:
- It is the people, to whom all authority belongs;
- Governments are instituted among men and women, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed;
- The people are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty;
- No government can continue good, but under the control of the people;
- The influence over government must be shared among all the people; and
- If every individual which composes their mass participates of the ultimate authority, the government will be safe, because the corrupting the whole mass will exceed any private resources of wealth, and public ones cannot be provided but by levies on the people.
Today’s governments are not safe enough because the sovereign people are not participating of the ultimate authority. So its our mission to help an increasing number of good people do just that.
We help you exercise your power and authority over governments. We fight tyranny and oppression. We stand up for the oppressed. And we stand with you when lobbying for government reforms that secure your rights and freedoms.
We’re the good lobbyists. We’re your lobbyists. And we look forward to working with you!
With warmest regards,
Founder & President
… Unless the mass retains sufficient control over those entrusted with the powers of their government, these will be perverted to their own oppression… — Thomas Jefferson
- Public Safety & Criminal Justice Reform
- Regulatory Reform
- Tax Reform
- Congressional Reform
- And more…
- International Religious Freedom
- Religion, Governance, Security & Prosperity
- Countering Violent Extremism & Terrorism
- And more…
- Global Engagement & Relational Diplomacy
- Good Citizenship & Governance
- Applying & Operationalizing the Golden Rule
- And more…
- And more…